Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Yelp Me, Yelp You!"


I started yelping back in May 2009, but was never really consistent with it. My first yelp review was not under my current account (and I don't know where it is now...) but it was to rant about horrible service I had in a downtown San Diegan Italian restaurant that I'm fairly confident no longer exists.

I use this site almost religiously whenever I'm in a new area. Usually, I'm passing through, but it's been a big help now that I've relocated.

Since I use it so much, I thought I would finally give back and let's face it: I'm opinionated and when it comes to food, I know what I like and I know what I don't like.

Mesa Cafe's Corned Beef Hash
Eggs Benedict
I was keeping a private list of favorite restaurants, which I would occasionally update, but this is so much easier to use, since it has all the information I usually need AND (as I'm sure most of you with smart phones know) it has its own app. I haven't reviewed all of my favorites, but I will so that I can remember them when I return. (I'm thinking about you, Boston and San Diego!!)

Taqueria Los Tarascos assortment 
of street tacos
I know many of you don't see what the big deal is about this site. But, just so you can see how helpful and entertaining it can be, I invite you to read a few of the posts from my friends, the Yelp Elite: Erica "Zombie Killer" P. (helpful) and her husband Chun "49% Gay/ 51% Cheapass" P. (entertaining, so much so that I'm usually LMAO!)

Goleta Sushi House's Chirashi

Feel free to friend me Kim "Kimikat" V. to follow some of my culinary adventures and to make some suggestions. I used to be all sugar and no spice on this account, but now, the truth comes out. After all, who wants to be lured into a crappy restaurant?!






1 comment:

Let go of what is gone; be grateful for what remains; look forward to what is coming...

NOTE: Written on March 2, 2020: Pre knowing just how big Covid was... I decided not to rewrite it because it was a simpler time then.  Holy ...