Saturday, November 5, 2011

Muchas gracias Beto!

Although I haven't mentioned it lately, my "to-do" list has been on my mind. I've been scouring newspapers and googling websites to see if I can fulfill some of those activities that I spoke of several months ago.

Today, I went for my first Zumba class. According to wikipedia, this class was founded by Alberto "Beto" Perez in Columbia. If you know me at all, you know I love to dance. I've been dying to try this class since I heard about it a while ago. It was a mixture of Samba, Tango, Salsa, Cumbia and Cha-Cha. I was the youngest person in there by about 10-15 years. I was fine with that, and had fun taking the class. However, I think I'm looking for a more advanced one. Considering the audience, I feel like I can find a younger crowd that can make the class a wee bit more ... let's say, youthful.

In any case, I think the idea of this class is awesome. What a great way to get some exercise in without feeling like it was a work out. And for that, I say, "Muchas Gracias Beto!" for accidentally creating a fun way to get exposure to different music and dance styles.

I'm still looking into Salsa classes, and other ways to check off that list, but stay tuned. =)


2 comments:

  1. ooh, i like zumba. good, not-boring exercise that's almost like dancing. but i've also had experience with some bad zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I experienced not so great zumba, but I am confident I can find a good class!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't had the best experience the first time around, but I'm not giving up!

    ReplyDelete

Let go of what is gone; be grateful for what remains; look forward to what is coming...

NOTE: Written on March 2, 2020: Pre knowing just how big Covid was... I decided not to rewrite it because it was a simpler time then.  Holy ...