Skip to main content

"there is nothing to writing. all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed" - Ernest Hemmingway

Alrighty, then...

And as much as I want to believe in that quote, I know it's not true for me. Not because typewriters are practically an endangered species (and let me tell you, I have many nostalgic memories from sitting at a typewriter, but I digress...), but because I'm logical to almost a fault.

Personally, I find creativity to be challenging. I am decent at taking other people's ideas and running with them, and at times, making them very much my own, but other times, I sit and think and come up with nothing inspiring enough to get me to sit in front of a computer and have verbal diarrhea that is worth sharing.

Nothing has really changed, except the willingness to share. On that note, I created another blog: Adventures in Kreativitee to do just that.

I have challenged myself to write a short story or narrative at least every 2 weeks for a year. They may not be long, and it's very unlikely that all of them will be good, but the goal is to force myself to wake up and rattle the creative side of me, since the left side of my brain is used so heavily at work.

So, here's an unofficial official invitation to join me on this adventure. Prompts and feedback are welcome. But just remember, my major was Animal Physiology and Neuroscience, not Communications or Literature. Ahem... 

Comments

  1. I'm game. When's the first adventure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing Prompt #1:

      You pick up the phone to call a friend and realize that you are on the line with yourself 5 years ago. Write about the conversation that ensues.

      I should get my story posted by the end of the week on the other blog. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." - Seneca

Another year has just flown by. It's true what they say, the older you get the fast time flies. What up with that?!

And what a year 2016 was.

Most of you who are around my age understand the real impact of all the celebrities that were lost because they were who we grew up with, who helped mark important childhood milestones. Also, the election... I'm not going to elaborate on that just because I just don't have the energy.

So on to more positive things.

I became an aunt! One of my best friend's Nina, and my cousin had baby boys and they are both as cute as can be! I still remember meeting Nina over 20 years ago in our freshman year of college and when my cousin was in diapers!


Last year was filled with several domestic vacations. Tahoe for snowboarding, San Francisco, Boston, Manhattan, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Santa Barbara... I was all over the country this year and I got to catch up with a lot of people that I haven't seen in quite some time. I'm gr…

Things that go BEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the night and make you say "WTH!?!?!?!?!?!" in the day

So, yeah... it's been an interesting week... actually one day in particular.

I know I've neglected this blog for a while. It's mainly because I couldn't think of any topics that were interesting enough to write about, but I definitely found one.

So, in general, this week has been crazy. I got a ridiculous request for a TPS report (because the actual content is not worth mentioning) that was a massive fire drill with a 24 hour turnaround time that I had to organize with minimal information. Equal parts frustration and confusion. All manual and in excel, and of course it involved gathering last second information from around 20 people.

That's not the "why" of this last Tuesday, October 18th was interesting... let me just count the ways.

It's about 4AM. I hear a random alarm go off. Groggily, I wonder, "what the heck is that?!" After all, I already disabled BOTH my smoke detector and my CO sensor because I need new batteries...

I get out of be…

"Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of." - Geri Weitzman

So I've neglected this blog for a while. My bad!

I kinda feel like I don't want to post something unless there is something behind it. But then I realized something... that's too much pressure!

I have 4 drafts that I never finished that are just sitting there. Maybe I will post a few of those this year, maybe not. I guess we'll see.

In the meantime, this will be my "year in review" post, even though it's a bit late. (oops!)

So 2015... yeah... as far as work goes, it is another one of those epic years of change. This year will not be any different but it's too early to digress on that topic.

As far as personal growth, it was another big one. I decided to really focus on my creative side. THAT blog got lots of love last year. I embarked on a year long #HumpDayHaiku journey that I'm proud to say I completed. And even though the writing of the haikus didn't improve my writing ability (though I'm beyond an expert of counting syllables on my fi…