Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Slow and steady...

I am about 9 goals away from completing my list, and am still brainstorming ideas for my personal development. Hopefully the final list will come out soon!

I had dinner with friends that I haven't seen in about 2 years. When I told them about the 10K/ half, they said, "what will stop you from doing a marathon?" Well, this is coming from a friend who's been an Iron(wo)man 3 times over and another who also beefed up his triathlon training. They are endurance junkies and along with a few other people, my inspirations for healthy living.

My goal is still the half, though and once I complete that I'll let my body decide if it wants to do more. One step at a time! (Literally and figuratively...)

Today I will continue to work on my endurance. After applying to a few jobs, I will hit the Bay and attempt a 1.5 mile jog. I have also heard a good way to build endurance is to walk for 2 minutes then alternate with a 2 minute run. I will do that tomorrow, I think and see which one works better. One thing I know for sure is that they will both exhaust me!

I went to the San Diego County Fair over the weekend where my companions were out to try any and everything that just sounded a little bit on the gross side! The list of heart attack inducing foods includes: deep fried bacon with french fries, deep fried butter (both pictured here), deep fried Klondike bar, Krispy Kreme chicken sandwich, chocolate covered bacon (the only thing I tried and it was really rich and more than I should have had!) and the grossest thing yet: Baby Ruth Stuffed Deep Fried Jalapeno on a bed of churros...


So for those of you who remember that Team Baby Ruth described the candy bar to look like $h!+ for the IP project, yeah, it looked like that in the jalapeno. I didn't get a great picture of it, but hopefully my friend's album is open for viewing and you can see a better one there. They each took a bite and declared their disgust, then came the inevitable, "you wanna try it?!" Yeah, I passed.

After trying that concoction, they decided they were done with food for the day. I had a big lunch and never did get hungry, so I passed on the yummy looking humongous turkey legs and everything else.

I'm not usually a wimp when trying new foods, however odd they are. But after exercising for 2.5 hours the day before and seeing how it would all unravel in less than 20 minutes, I had to resist. In the past I've tried the Krispy Kreme chicken sandwich, deep fried oreos (which are pretty darn good, actually) and the fried cheese curds. We'll see what decisions I make next time, whenever that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let go of what is gone; be grateful for what remains; look forward to what is coming...

NOTE: Written on March 2, 2020: Pre knowing just how big Covid was... I decided not to rewrite it because it was a simpler time then.  Holy ...