Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blog Bandwagon

Several of my friends have been beefing up their blog postings.

I remembered that we had to create one during our summer class and have also decided to give it a go. It will be unlikely that I solicite readers until I feel that my thoughts are worth reading. By then this post may be ancient history.

I'm currently in SoCal looking for a job after recently graduating with a dual degree from Boston University. Even before I left my thought was, "it's hard to leave, but I can always come back..." Well, from my experience it has been the opposite. All the stars seemed to align when I made my decision to leave San Diego (my home for 15 years) and venture out to the East Coast. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who found an apartment for me that was ready as soon as I got there. My boyfriend got a job because one of colleagues moved to a new company and essentially gave him a position that included a relocation package. Things couldn't have been easier.

Coming back to CA has proved to be more difficult. Unemployment still hovers in the 11% + range and finding a position that fits what I want to do and what I have already done hasn't been easy. I have seen that most postings are too senior or too junior. I'm still optimistic though!!

So, since I "ain't got no job, and [...] don't have $h!+ to do" I decided to not only start writing this, but to create one of my "To do lists." The last one I wrote was when I turned 26. I know I have it somewhere, but now that I have crossed a bunch of it off (at least half), I am going to construct a new one.

Here we go: "33 things to do before I get too old!" (in no particular order)
1. More salsa lessons
2. 2nd course in Vietnamese
3. Retake Spanish
4. Surfing lessons
5. 10K, then a half marathon
6. Volunteer more
7. Learn to cook at least 2 meat dishes really well!
8. Photography classes
9. Do a pull up
10. Learn how to drive stick
11. Travel alone
12.

Ok... so I'm going to need some more time to think about this. But, feel free to add some suggestions!

6 comments:

  1. 12. Drive Across Country
    13. Visit US national parks

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to make "to do" lists every year on my birthday. i should revisit some of them and see if i completed any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 14. Bhangra Lessons
    15. Basket weaving course

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, that to-do list is an awesome idea. I'm totally copying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ali, only if you take it with me!
    @Anne, can't wait to see what you put on your list!

    ReplyDelete

Let go of what is gone; be grateful for what remains; look forward to what is coming...

NOTE: Written on March 2, 2020: Pre knowing just how big Covid was... I decided not to rewrite it because it was a simpler time then.  Holy ...