Friday, June 29, 2012

♪Watch out J. Lo, K. Vo in da house!

Before there was J. Lo and academy award winners/ nominess Jamie Foxx and Jim Carrey, there was a show on a little network called In Living Color. This show was awesome!

Some of my favorite skits were Homey the Clown ("Homey don't play that!") and Men on Film - "Hated IT!" I also loved the fly girls.

I have always loved dancing and although I have never been any good at it, it never stopped me from trying.

Lately, my inner fly girl has been coming out after I started taking classes at Rhythm Dance & Fitness with Tamarr. I'm not gonna lie... this class is hard. In every 8 counts there are at least 5-6 "ands" and he just keeps adding on to the routine and speeding up the tempo. Even though I'm counting every move, I'm getting about 70% of the moves (up from 50% on my first class!). Recently I've been taping myself doing the dances, so I can practice them. If you want a sample of what I'm attempting, here you go. =)

Sorry, none of my personal attempts will be posted. Not now, but I can't say never. All I can say is that I promise you that I will not quit my day job to pursue this! But my inner fly girl is having one heck of a time!

P.S. There is talk of a new In Living Color. That will be interesting...

1 comment:

  1. and just to reiterate that I won't be quitting my day job, the day after my last class, I woke up saying "Oh! My aching back!"

    ReplyDelete

Let go of what is gone; be grateful for what remains; look forward to what is coming...

NOTE: Written on March 2, 2020: Pre knowing just how big Covid was... I decided not to rewrite it because it was a simpler time then.  Holy ...